What a year!

I was given a prophetic verse when I was baptised at my old church in 2011. It was from Isaiah 54v10 and it said: 'Even though the mountains may depart and the hills disappear, even then my faithful love for you will remain, says the Lord who has mercy on you.'

This is the time in my life when I think this verse has a literal meaning and I thank God for it's clarity, for it shows me that His love for me will remain even when I no longer have the view of the Himalayas out my bedroom window... And now is the time when this is no longer the case, as I have decided to follow God back home and carry out His will in the next part of His ever twisting plan.

I was nearly sure I was going to stay in Nepal for the next year, and then move abroad again and continue on more adventures. However, I've come to realise, life seldom works out the way we expect... I never expected to enjoy life as much I did over here, neither did I expect to become lonely and miss my own accent! Don't get me wrong, I had everything I needed here - I had a home, friends (although, these constantly came and went due to the nature of an International school, at which, most people volunteer for short periods of time), a young Nepali man who supported me, Wi-Fi connection to communicate with home, good food around every corner... But none of that is a bigger magnet than I've found within me recently to return home. My Mum always said that God would give me a 'peace' when I made the right decision. God has certainly given me that as I sought His will and realised I have to return home.

It is heartbreaking to think of what I'm leaving behind though. I made a life and a family here which was the best thing for me to be free to do - I learnt alot about life, love, needs, wants, religion, God, faith, friendships, children, and teaching (which has put me in good stead for returning to the UK).

So, I now have only 9 weeks left in this beautiful country and there is still lots to do. The Year 2 class is almost finished, but I still have lots to teach and explore with the kids before we end for summer. I am truely loving my class as they fill me with an energy that only kids have and they always put a smile on my face! This has been an amazingly epic journey and adventure all rolled into one and I am so grateful to God for allowing me to live on earth at this time to see the different countries He has created and give me comfort, strength and encouragement as I supported the children in my care. He's a Good, Good Father!

God Bless,
Nikita x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloom where you're Planted

Mountain highs and Valley lows